A glittery, girly tablescape for, like, no money

I had a gorgeous group of mommies over for Mother's Day dinner on Sunday, and I wanted to pretty things up a bit. This tablescape is obnoxiously girly, and I love it! I had no money to spare, so I had to get creative. This whole thing set us back about 12 bucks.

First I started with the runner. I found this fabric at Hobby Lobby for $4 a yard. And since I'd sooner die than sew something, I used some left over iron-on hemming tape from a pack of ikea curtains. It took me about 15 minutes to do this, but it woulda taken me a lot longer if I was working with fabric that doesn't have a repeating pattern to cut by. If I had to measure and pin the folds, I would have given up from the start. I'm impatient like that.


Next, I needed a centerpiece. Luckily, my super hot mom is also a super awesome florist. I picked up a few pretties she had left over from Mom's Day deliveries and came up with this using a tray and some bud vases from around the house:


And these placemats are nothing more than some glittery cardstock I had in my craft closet. There are a few drops of wine on them now, but it won't stop me from making something else out of them later!

And one lesson you learn from having a gay uncle is that a place setting is never complete without a gift. So Rosa Leigh and I got to making some cute necklaces for these Mommies. Who knew some cheap hemp and alphabet beads could be so chic?



The most fun part was making these pillow boxes out of that yummy cardstock. I'll post a tutorial on that soon. That cute ribbon is from Hobby Lobby too!


Now that I see it all in one post, I'm thinking it looks like this took me forever. Seriously, I did all this in a total of maybe 2 hours, and this is happy work I tell ya!

2 comments:

  1. We ARE on the same page! I love that you used card stock. Never would have thought of that. And how sweet you made gifts! I am the worst hostess... I just can't juggle all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm usually a crappy hostess! I'm trying to do more than just vacuum. I think this meets my quota for the year though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.