Finders Tweakers

It never fails. Every time I set off on a thrifting trip, I start the day with a skip in my step because I just know I'm going to find everything I'm looking for, and it will all cost, like, a dollar, and I will have so much fun sprucing my findings, and then everyone will lavish me with oohs and aahs because I am the most amazing thrift sore decorator that ever did live.

I don't know where I get these notions. I never find what I'm looking for, things almost always cost more than I think they should, and I am only a so-so thrift store decorator.

Nevertheless, on Saturday morning I set out, giant cafe latte in hand and that little skip in my step, to find whatever there was to find and a few specifics:

1- Two frames to begin my "hooked" project
2- Something large and sculptural for the top of my bookshelf
3- Louis chair for my god-awful bedroom (if I was lucky)

So it is not surprising that after six stores I dragged my tired self home with absofreakinlutely nothing. I know. It's sad. 

But it's OK! I persevered and sneaked in a trip to TJ Maxx on Sunday. I didn't find anything on my list, of course, but I did find some other goodies:

BUDDHA BOOKEND - $7
The plan: Maybe I'll saw him off of the base and gold leaf or paint him a bold blue. Or maybe I will find peace with Mr. Buddha Bookend and just leave him be.


What he could be:


LACQUER BOX - $9
The plan: As soon a I saw this I imagined a copy cat west elm jewelry box

 
What it could be (in a hundred years when I finally find some sort of metal greek key applique)...


NESTING TRAYS - $5 and $4!
The plan: I know... these are the most hideous things ever. I hate map motifs, but I LOVE lacquer trays, and these have a fabulous shape. I think whatever I do will involve some gold, black, and white paint because these babies are gonna live on my entry table.


What they could be (so many possibilities!)...






kolektorbali.tumblr.com
westelm.com
bp1.blogger.com

westelm.com
store03.prostores.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.