venus in yellow

Oil Painting by John Konstantin Hansegger

I cannot stop thinking about this painting by John Hansegger. I want to make my own. In fact, I've already started planning the piece. I'm going to do a HUGE portrait of one of my favorite sculptures, Pauline Bonaparte. You can read all about her here.

http://www.jacqueslanciault.com/wp-content/QDSC999iPauline_800.jpg

My problem (yes, I always have a problem) is that it's very hard to contain myself when figure drawing. I tend to go crazy with detail. Here is the first study I did last night. See what I mean? I'm pretty darn proud of those pillows though.



So I knew I had to chill out. Here is my second study. I'm getting the hang of it.


My other problem is I don't really know how to achieve the look of Hanseggar's painting. It says it's in oil, but I'm not sure how he penciled over the paint. I'll have to play a little this weekend. If you have any ideas, please post a comment! Looks like it will be a while before I'm done, but hopefully it'll be worth it. Imagine her in an ornate gilded frame! So sexy!

Sources:
Valerie Goodman Gallery

Borghese Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.