How to love (and lose) a louis chair

One of my many obsessions at the moment is with Louis chairs. What started this fixation? The moment I found a listing on craigslist for a PERFECT specimen to paint and reupholster for only $25!! Well, the interest started there, but the obsession didn’t hit until I lost it to someone else.

Yes, I called about it first thing in the morning, but instead of jumping out of my chair and into my truck at that very moment, I decided to wait until I got off work that afternoon.  I was so excited about it all day, imagining the color I would paint it… the fabric I would cover it in… how I would magically turn into a princess every time I sat in it. But my swoonings were soon squashed when I called the seller to tell her I was on my way and she said with a forced sweetness, “oh honey, someone just picked it up!”

So I went home, head hanging low, with an emptiness inside that only a fellow buy-something-for-nothing-and-turn-it-into-something-amazing-nut could understand.

Since then I have somehow made it through each day, but I have not forgotten. No, I am now in  full-blown cheap Louis chair search mode.  Come hell or high water I will find her, but until then, let’s dream together…


...Sigh...


Awe... this one looks just like my craigslist loss:



and so do these...


Ok, I'm gonna go eat some ice cream now. Sitting on my floor. Ugh.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.