Tomatoes and Cucumbers


My husband is a veggie head. That's not to say that he loves to eat vegetables. Really, he just loves to grow them. And I gotta say, he's good at it. The above photo is only a small picking from last year's harvest.  Problem is, though they produce a lot of goodies, his gardens themselves aren't pretty to look at, and we have many love spats about this each year. Crooked, makeshift fences, erratic "latices" of string, overgrown borders of weeds... seriously.  Of course, the ONLY place he says the sun is "just right" for his ugly garden is in the middle of my back yard - the direct focal point of my outdoor and indoor living space (from all living and dining room windows).

Now, I love that Josh is the kinda man that doesn't understand what makes something pretty. But c'mon! See what I mean? This is last year: (don't miss the beer bottle in the pot)



Alas! Josh has finally succumbed to my demands for a prettier garden. I told him I will not eat a single tomato until he builds me a pretty garden to look at. And the boy loves to feed me. So look what he did. I'm so proud!


And look at these cool tomato cages he built out of the left over wire fencing. Grow, babies, grow!


We joke that now that the garden is pretty, nothing will grow. I'm hoping this isn't true. I'll keep you abreast on the progress. And those of you who know me will hopefully be nourished from the bounty soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.