Prom Queen

I was eating my lunch in the break room the other day and overheard a coworker describing her daughter's prom dress. It sounded pretty, but she ended the description with, "and ya know you can't get a dress under $500." I nearly choked on my tuna salad. 

I'm way too old to be going to a prom, except as a chaperon, but this outrageous statement inspired in me a little daydreaming and the urge to find a fabulous prom get-up for way under $500...

This dress SCREAMS for a bold bib necklace. That led to the Egyptian, snakey flare in the bracelet and shoes.

Dress: Modcloth.com $198
Shoes: Endless.com $65
Necklace: Ebay $15
Clutch: Endless.com $35
Bracelet: Forever 21 $6

Total: $319!

And I couldn't resist posting this Betsey Johnson dress from Modcloth. It's kinda pricey at $398, but you wouldn't need many accessories with this one. Just a pair of hot pink satin pumps and a hot pink wrist corsage. Fun fun fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.