Tiny house. Tiny budget. Great memories.

Ok, this is ridiculous. My desktop is so full of miscellaneous files and photos that my pretty zen garden wallpaper is almost completely covered. That's not very feng shui. So I vowed to clean this shit up while Josh watches some boring documentary on Jesse James.

But I'm already distracted.

I ran across some pics of the cute little cottage we owned before our current home, and I had to share. I adored this home. I remember WAY back when Josh and I were in our late teens, driving around for no reason at all other than having nothing better to do (miss those days), we would drive by this house all the time. Every time I saw it I'd say, "one day I want to live in that house." A serendipitous 8 years later, we were signing the papers. 

We had like no money. And the house was so freaking small, less than 1000 sq ft, which drove me insane at times. But it was much loved. Oh the time and creative energy we burned within that half an acre. And oh yeah, we brought home our first baby there too.


Painted every possible surface, including the cabinets; tiled the floor; installed wainscoting (that was a crazy week)...


More wainscoting...


Panel trim around tv; painted everything. First major purchase of my adulthood: that rug.


Our cute little office. I painted that old upholstered chair, fabric and all. That's an Oma pillow. I miss her.


Damn cute bathroom!


And Rosa Leigh's first bedroom. Awe! I'm still so proud of that side-table makeover. And the wall shelf makeover. And the dresser makeover. Man I was a busy pregnant lady!


Wish I could find a summer picture. We built those cedar shutters. It's hard to tell from the picture, but they have cute star cut-outs.  

And here is a painting I did of the house for Rosa Leigh. I hope she keeps it forever.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely loved looking at these pics. You are so amazingly talented. This house is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! You have no idea how happy this makes me.